SOA (Service Oriented Architecture)
- Implemented an Internal API for all data requests
- Integrates all Business databases and data platforms
- Integrates third party services
- Layer of abstractions – applications use simple service requests
- Adds a layer of security by preventing direct access to data by external sources.
Redundancy / Scalability
- Architecture is fully redundant, failure of a single server does not bring down the system
- Architecture is scalable, additional instances of servers can be spun up easily to handle greater load
- Architecture is platform agnostic. It can be run locally, in the cloud, or in a hybrid model
SaaS (Software as a Service)
Customer facing APIs
- Affiliated Account API
manages all aspects of accounts by integrating a CRM or backend system
- Affiliated Report API
Request raw report data to be consumed by application
- Device API
Manage all aspects of a Brighton mPERS Device
- Affiliated Signals API
Send event to the monitoring center for IoT or mPERS Device
CTI (Computer Telephony Integration)
- Automated Call Routing – matches alarm data with incoming phone calls
- Popup Data – display pertinent customer information to Service Agents receiving calls
IVR (Interactive Voice Response)
- Built a scripting engine for easy to customize automated incoming call responses and outbound call automation.
- Integrates with SOA to get data it needs to make decisions about what branch of script to play.
- Platform is being extended to work with Text Messaging as well.